Head of Treasury – Qatar First Bank
Responsible for corporate Treasury function by managing the funding requirement of the organization, along with short term investment activities such as surplus funds, assisting with medium-term issuance programs and the establishment of financial relationships. The Treasury Department is one of the main pillars of QFB that controls the capital and liquidity to access when needed for business activities. The critical role that treasury function plays within the bank in being able to withstand any future market stresses, makes their capital and liquidity requirements have become an area of increasing focus.
- Leading and implementing the objectives for the department within the approved Strategic Plan for the division.
- Manage and grow the business areas within the Treasury that includes 1) Treasury Marketing & Sales and 2) FX & Money Market.
- Achieve financial objectives set in the annual budget ensuring a continuous diversification of earnings; this will be achieved through managing the mix business and credit risk activities with affiliates and merchant banks, correspondent banks, multinational and institutional entities.
- Oversees on strategies initiation to enable the Bank to hedge its Profit rate Risk and FX Risk at any time should market conditions warrant.
- Oversees the asset and liability mismatches and gaping management including strategy formulation, execution, and profitability within liquidity guidelines and regulatory framework.
- Expand the number and quality of treasury products and services that appeal to a broader segment of the market whilst supporting the Bank’s other business units and customer requirements efficiently.
- Lead the management to innovate and develop new products and services, i.e. the Sukuk portfolio
- Ensure the bank’s safety against undesired FX fluctuation and risks, in addition, to propose Treasury solutions to the bank and its clients.
- Responsible to introduce, develop and sell new Treasury and Funds products
- Supervise subordinates in handling FI relationships and introducing new counterparties
- Follow-up with Legal and Sharia on documentation issues
- Lead the planning and reviewing of the financial budget for the Treasury department
- Ensure quality services are being offered by external consultants at acceptable rates.
- Foresee and implement measures to cut costs and improve productivity in the department.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.